Friday, May 20, 2011

Rapture! Tomorrow! Save the Date(s)!



 Rapture
Lift off tomorrow
Sat. May 21 6 pm
Alternate date 21 Oct.
Anywhere & everywhere
RSVP Unnecessary



I do not want to go! I don't want to be raptured! Okay, okay, so don't laugh, as if I would be qualified, right? This is not the kind of thing I want to take a chance with though.

After all, I grew up on the glories of Mad Max, and more recently The Road. Post apocalyptic mayhem and survival. Isn't that the ultimate American dream? Overcoming adversity (I mistyped that as diversity-- haha, maybe more appropriate) against all odds. But post apocalypse it really is all odds. No camera crew hiding in the bushes, no immunity, no bonus night of burgers or hotel dinners, no end of the season, not even season finale. Just winners and losers, fire and darkness, good guys and bad guys, life and death, survival and not. The quintessential American story.

I am ready. I have dried beans and rice, and a plan for the immediate post apocalyptic days: I will go south and my brother will head north. We will reune (as in have a reunion) in between. Also so American. Make a plan. Meet. Eat. Have a party with a ready made theme--end of days, Oct. 21  (so save that date in case May doesn't work out)

I don't want to miss all that, so whatever it takes, please, don't rapture me, my friends!

Rapture info:

Camping and Family Radio are gearing up for 6 pm May 21, Rapture schedule and info.
That article offers suggestions for drinks and music! Lest you be concerned about the particulars the time is 6 pm in every time zone! The earthquakes are scheduled (oh, yeah predicted) to start in the Pacific Rim and progress around the world, lift off for the worthy immediately following. As for the rest of us--me, me, me! leave me behind!!--we get the post apocalyptic world until Oct. 21 when the party's over.

Families cope with disagreement about the rapture

Not surprisingly there is some disagreement about this. Religious scholars assure us that not only will the world not end, but such an end is impossible.But why, impossible? They don't say, and besides I think I'd rather consult a seismologist since earthquakes precede the beginning of the end. Scholars--no end in sight

Should we be disappointed?

To make the bed or not?  At least the disagreement will be resolved tomorrow evening.  



And another option. Listen to Jesus sing!



....and so it goes. Only one thing to do: drink an appropriate beverage and wait and see. I'm thinking  a green Vesper, which is probably sufficient, if not necessary, for lift off.

Save the date(s)!


Photo credits: top of page: Splash News/Newscom
above: WhatIHaveSeen,

No comments:

Post a Comment